Battery for SkilSaw

I have a 3 3/8" cordless circular saw. I've had it a few years, rarely use it, but it does come in handy from time to time. I have three batteries, all too weak to be any good and I can't find any new batteries.
The saw model is 2977 and the battery model is 92927.
When I do an advanced Google, including model numbers, in the "must have" field, I get hits but when I go to the pages there is no sign of the battery.
On the one hand, I hate to throw away a perfectly good tool for lack of a battery. On the other hand, I will probably find that a new battery costs more than a new saw, and I already have a cordless Black & Decker so wouldn't go that route.
Suggestions?
Richard Evans wrote: ...

Have the battery packs rebuilt. If you're in a locale of any size at all, there should be listings in Yellow Pages. If not, there are any number of places to send them--there was a thread within the week on the same subject.

Batteries Plus wants $56 to rebuild it, but they looked up my model number and found it's been replaced and the replacement battery is $36. Now that I have the new model number, I might even find it cheaper online.
Thanks for the tip.

Perhaps you can renew or rebuild the batteries at one of those battery rehab places. I am not certain of the economics of this, but it should beat the new price.
You didn't say what the battery voltage is. I have a 12 volt Dewalt drill. I have often said that when the batteries fail, I will take the cells out of the pack and wire in a garden tractor battery on the end of a heavy 6 or 8 foot cord. I haven't done if, but, why not? Yes, you have to carry the battery around, but you still don't need "housepower" to run it! If your saw has a higher voltage, you could still do this by tapping into a second battery for the number of cells needed. They only cost about $15 each and would last a LONG time between charges.
Pete Stanaitis -------------------