batteries - replace or rebuild

Page 2 of 2

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message

The time I spend saving money always increases the bottom line ... if it doesn't, you're not using your head.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
Brian Henderson wrote:

Actually, most batteries are in the range of $50 - $85. In my book, that's not inexpensive. When a battery rebuild costs $50 and new one costs the same, with shipping, I'll buy the new one. AAMOF, I recently did just that for an 18V Makita Ni-Cad.
dave
I think Swingman was pointing out that it wasn't just a rebuild. For about the cost or less then a new battery you could have a battery rebuilt that had higher amp hour cells, and sometimes higher performance as in being able to deliver more amps at stated voltage for longer. This is important to people doing production work in the field.
Mike M

"Mike M" wrote in message

You're correct. In most situations experience makes for much better advice than just doing math. It's fuzzy thinking when folks only look at dollar signs and don't take all the factors into account. Anyone who has had a factory 18v XRP upgraded by primecell.com would never buy a new battery from DeWalt even if it were cheaper.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05