Basswood and water damages

Hi all,
I got some basswood that got soaked in water for about 2-3 hours. During a heavy rain I got a water infiltration in the basement. Anyway, I have about 8 pieces of 8/4 about 6" wide x 10' long. Since they were resting on the floor on their narrow edges, I got between 1/2" to 1 1/2" of water that migrated into the wood. Fortunately, the damage seem very mild.
Question:
Should I remove this portion and use the rest or simply let it dry and still use it? The purpose is for carving. I'm fearing some unelegant stains.
Thanks,
Wally
You might experience some discoloration. It will be of the gray variety, in my experience, versus the brown that you get from leaving it green in the log too long.
Easy answer is to take the gouge and see - after drying, of course. Watch for mildew.