Bandsaw resawing guide

This is a simple resawing guide that I plan to make for my newly acquired bandsaw. I thought I would share it with the group in case any else is interested.
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/bandsawing/bandsaw-resawing-guide /
Dick
Dick Snyder wrote:

http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/bandsawing/bandsaw-resawing-guide /
Looks handy, think I'll make one. Thanks.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Dick Snyder wrote:

http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/bandsawing/bandsaw-resawing-guide /
Thanks for the link. I'm going to make one for my kids in my class. They do a lot of resawing, and I think this will work a bit better.
Glen
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcomNOSPAM.com says...

I saw that idea in fine woodworking many many years ago (it may have been another mag though) and used it for a long time. Then I got a better bandsaw 'cause the drift got out of hand with the old saw, and it kept breaking blades (3 wheeler with smallish wheels). I still used the resawing fence with the new saw while trying to resaw with 3/4" blades, and 1" blades even.     Then, one day, I had a wee resaw job to do when I had my high carbon steel 1/4" blade on the BS. Drift? What drift? Beautiful super clean resawing job. I haven't looked back, those fat blades are up on the wall and they just don't come down any more ... nor do I fiddle with a resawing fence since this blade does just as good a job with the straight fence. Would you believe?
Just goes to show ...
-P.
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 02:23:12 +1300, Peter Huebner wrote:

You went from one extreme to another :-). 1/2" seems to be the preferred resaw blade nowadays, at least for 14" bandsaws. And since it will go around most of the curves I cut, that's the blade that stays on my saw most of the time.

snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm says...

Mmmh, I should've mentioned that I have a 19" Jet -- the 3/4" and 1" blades are not so outlandish on that size saw as they might appear on a 14". Still, my assumption that a bigger blade will do a better resawing job was found wanting :)
-P.