Bandsaw resawing guide

> Dick

Looks handy, think I'll make one. Thanks.

Reply to
dadiOH

This is a simple resawing guide that I plan to make for my newly acquired bandsaw. I thought I would share it with the group in case any else is interested.

Dick Snyder

Thanks for the link. I'm going to make one for my kids in my class. They do a lot of resawing, and I think this will work a bit better.

Glen

Reply to
Glen

I saw that idea in fine woodworking many many years ago (it may have been another mag though) and used it for a long time. Then I got a better bandsaw 'cause the drift got out of hand with the old saw, and it kept breaking blades (3 wheeler with smallish wheels). I still used the resawing fence with the new saw while trying to resaw with 3/4" blades, and 1" blades even. Then, one day, I had a wee resaw job to do when I had my high carbon steel 1/4" blade on the BS. Drift? What drift? Beautiful super clean resawing job. I haven't looked back, those fat blades are up on the wall and they just don't come down any more ... nor do I fiddle with a resawing fence since this blade does just as good a job with the straight fence. Would you believe?

Just goes to show ...

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

You went from one extreme to another :-). 1/2" seems to be the preferred resaw blade nowadays, at least for 14" bandsaws. And since it will go around most of the curves I cut, that's the blade that stays on my saw most of the time.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Mmmh, I should've mentioned that I have a 19" Jet -- the 3/4" and 1" blades are not so outlandish on that size saw as they might appear on a

14". Still, my assumption that a bigger blade will do a better resawing job was found wanting :)

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner