bad attempt for humor- woodworking related

To my British Friends, The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.
Marc (and most of my future posts will be serious, I promise)

Nope, but (due to coriolis effect), the blades on table saws do spin in the opposite direction south of the equator ;)
Ditto for all rotary tools: NEVER try a northen-hemisphere router bit in a southern-hemisphere router... It's ugly.
Drilling? Foget it....
Cheers!
Gary
Gary wrote:

There is a simple fix for your problem with drilling: Start from beneath the workpiece and drill upwards. Similarly, Coriolis Effects can be mitigated by hanging upside down while working.

Now, you see: THAT is why I hang around here!
If there's something I can't figure out on my own, somebody here is bound to have the answer.
Cheers!
Gary
So when did Britain end up south of the equator?? Just curious. Respectfully, Ron Moore
wrote

That's not what he said. Top posted to make it harder to read.

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:08:39 -0500, Ron Moore wrote:

Empire" meant?
Definitely a historical statement. But at one time...... Ron

Bill wrote:

God didn't trust the Brits in the dark?
FoggyTown

Who does?
marc rosen wrote:

To my American Friends...
Good Question...
Do your trees have boots (our's have trunks) Do you sit on your homeless people (we sit on our bums)
and if we have a friend who's Randy, we generally try to avoid them! (Unless their female)
Nowt to do with woodwork, but thought prevoking all the same!
snip

We wear boots and put stuff in our trunks, unless we are going swimming, then we wear our trunks!
Dave
marc rosen wrote:

Taking a holiday broadens the mind.
--