AutoCad Question

Page 2 of 2

Actually LT will import 3D generated by AutoCAD and will do 3D Isometric but not draw perspective 3D.
And surprisingly, LT street price is up to about $7to 8 hundred dollars. I remember upgrading back in the early 90's for $97.
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:04:33 GMT, "Leon"

I'm disappointed by that, but not surprised. I imaging a lot of people/companies have decided LT is good enough, why spend the extra $ for features that may be seldom used at their facility.
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:29:41 -0600, "babygrand"

Autodesk changed the price of LT when it started its autodesk subscription service. I think the Subscription service cost between 950.00 to 1100.00 and you get an upgrade to full blown acad with the subscription.
LT now costs 800.00 plus.
I use acad 2006 and have never used any of the new bells and whistles yet, I carry all my lisp routines over that I've ether written or copied over the past 15 years. Menu's and buttons changes? no problem I still use all the same quick commands from version to version.
I use autocad LT 2004 for some stuff.LT is just the basic version of AUTOCAD I use Solidworks for my 3-D stuff. I use SW 2006 when doing sheetmetal stuff and flatten it to cut and bend..........Brian
-- www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas "Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups!"

AutoCad LT is a stripped own version of the full-blown product. In all likelyhood, it won't make a bit of difference to you. The LT versions do not allow you to use lisp files, and if you don't know what a lisp file is, you probably don't need to :) For almost any kind of 2-D drafting, LT2000 is a fantastic tool. I use it on an almost daily basis at work, and it's great for some wood related things too...uh, but only during lunch, of course.... The help file is pretty good, which is more than can be said for most software. As for a printed manual, it should have come with the program, unless......
--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
bob wrote:

What important features are missing from Autosketch, compared to LT?

Autosketch is a good program too. I used it up until version 2.1. Back then 1997 LT would Easily do Isometric drawings by comparison, and real time zoom and pan. Those 3 items in particular gave me the incentive to go to LT. There may be no big differences now.
Yahoo search found this book: http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=AleUb7qSzOhgYp8GXnXfHntXNyoA ;_ylu=X3oDMTE2NGNncTJhBGNvbG8DdwRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMwRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANGNjYzXzg4/SIGne52i5r/EXP34749262/**http%3a//www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556227426%3fv=glance