Assembling cabinet door

What's the best way to glue and finish rails and styles cabinet door with mirror? Should I first glue the rails and styles with mirror locked in grooves and then finish or first finish all wooden parts and then glue? Should I also glue the mirror or just insert it into grooves?

I would never glue in a mirror- too breakable.
Put a rabbit on the inner back side of rails and styles. Glue up, finish and then attach the mirror with tiny molding and some spots of silicone caulk. they make some especially for mirrors. Wood gives and takes, mirror glass does not.
On 4 May 2004 09:41:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@audible.com (Sasha) wrote:

Does the mirror have any sort of protective, peel off covering? The last two mirrored doors I did, I was able to get the mirror with a protective plastic still attached. I assembled the door, applied the finish, then removed the plastic.
If not, I'd rip off the back of the grooves, assemble the door, and install the glass using wood strips and small brads or glazier's points.
Barry
Sasha wrote:

See:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id "78&objectgroup_id7&catid &filter=glass
Also look at the "Panel Retainers" link at the bottom of the page.