asian gate "roof"

Anyone have plans or designed/built an asian roof that typically covers a garden gate? Perhaps the folks in CA or Seattle? These gates are single or double width gates.
Looking for cheap(free) plans that shows the structure, joints, covering options, etc. thanks all.

Trying to figure out what type of roof you're talking about. When I think about gate roofs in Japan, I think of things like this:
http://www.xmission.com/~bifft/jpn05/181_8110.htm
which would be pretty extensive for free plans. I may have more pictures which sould show internal structure around if I check my archives. Do you have a picture of the sort of gate you're looking for?
Brian Huffaker, DSWL

garden gates are much simpler but same idea and "form"
Sun, Jan 21, 2007, 3:29pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (cc) doth claimeth: Anyone have plans or designed/built an asian roof that typically covers a garden gate? Perhaps the folks in CA or Seattle? These gates are single or double width gates. Looking for cheap(free) plans that shows the structure, joints, covering options, etc. thanks all.
What do you mean by "typically"? I don't recall seeing any two the same.
No prob. You don' need no steenkin' plans. Just do a search of pictures until you find something you like. Then make one. No prob.
JOAT Bugrit. Millennium hand AND shrimp.