Article: iPad for Carpenters

So, Swingy, got one yet? I know, it's not Festool green, but...
http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/06/24/ipad-for-carpenters /
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey
On 6/25/2011 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

BTDT ... arrived late last year. :)
No Apple Fanbois, but I take ONLY an iPad and smart phone with me to a job site these days and in the process the DroidX itself has basically become redundant.
... and for ALL the reasons stated in the article. (AAMOF, when you see my signature block on a wRec post as "www.ewoodshop.com", that's the iPad talking ... a 64GB/3G Verizon model, usually posted while supervising/keeping an eye on ongoing work).
Supervision is the absolute key to a successful construction project, and the iPad has increased my ability to be present, on site, and be that watchful eye that causes the work to be done properly.
AAMOF, if I can help it, will never do business, particularly where you have to travel from job site to job site, without a tablet device again. And the iPad, with available apps/plus the cloud, currently fills that bill perfectly.
I bid two jobs this week with ALL necessary tools at hand in one device ... from taking walk-though videos and photos of the areas; to hand drawing a rough sketch with dimensions; to showing the client my portfolio of similar work; to Googling the interweb to illustrate style options and choices.
I pity the modern day Luddites who refuse to investigate the myriad benefits of using one simply because it has the cachet of a coffee house/wine bar denizen ... :)
Now, if it only ran SketchUP ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 6/25/2011 8:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Got one yet????? Hell he is on his second one.

I already "kudos"ed him.
-- Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!