April Fools???

Page 3 of 3

Not in my world. Not even with pipe clamps which don't flex like bar clamps.

IF...
1. The clamp faces apply pressure exactly in the centers of the edges, and if...
2. All edges are perfectly vertical, then...
the work pieces may wind up flat.
That doesn't happen in my world. I tweak flatness by loosening/tightening top and bottom clamps while checking the glue up surface with a straight edge. Even with that it is normal for me to wind up with a slight (1/64 - 1/32+-) bow, not to mention lippage, neither of which bother me because eventually the glue up will be flattened on a drum sander.
On 10/15/2016 7:09 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Just make it a moot point. Since not all clamps apply forces in the same plane, especially on wide glue ups where your clamp selection is mixed/limited and the "you can't have too many clamps" theory fails you, you can always force the issue if need be, easily and cheaply, thusly:
https://goo.gl/photos/g62ZFnVq6NnsNYUX8
Where there's a will, there's a way, even it include bags of cement, bricks and/or other heavy implements/tools:
https://goo.gl/photos/NcMLehgP8N4GaxWk8
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

When the clamps are tightened the force applied to the board is off-center of the clamp rails, causing them to bend towards the board.
@swbelldotnet says...

For certain values.
Note the ship date.

On 10/11/2016 7:26 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

It may very well be an April Fools joke. LOL

It may be an expensive joke on fools but it's definitely not an April fools joke.