anyone have any bird feeder plans?

I'm looking for the ultimate birdfeeder plans for a gift for the better half! anyone able to help?
thanks! Tom
What kind of birds?

Tom to be totally honest with you, a flat tray feeder with a lip on the edge is the best kind for a wide variety of birds. I have made a couple by cutting a rectangle out of 1/2" plywood and putting 1"x2" on the edge of the Plywood as a edging. I have had to cut the corders off of the rectangel about 1/4" in to allow for water drainage. Then I attach chain to it at the corners with eye screws. Hope this helps.

You could try these sites.
http://www.craftybirds.com/birdfeeders.html
http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/nathis/woodwork /