Anybody use the Signcrafter by Milescraft?

The bit that came with this is so short, it barely fits in the router. I am an ametuer, is there something that I'm missing. I also think the manuel(?) stinks!
Greg
Greg
Are you saying that with the base of the router adjusted all the way UP to expose the MAX length of the bit, that the bit is still too short??
John
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:07:02 -0400, Dorothy Bennett

Yes. With the router sitting on the Signcrafter, the bit doesn't touch the wood. Exposing any more of the bit would make me very nervous.
Greg

Something strange going on here, as with ALL the routers I have owned, you can adjust the base up high enought that the collect is protruding beyond the baseplate. So, with the bit in the collect, and the base adusted to the point where the the collect end is level with the bottom of the baseplate, the bit is still too short?? If that is the case, time to complain to the manufacture of the Singcrafter
John

Keep in mind that this device requires that the router be fitted with a quide bushing, so there is actually no way the collet can go beyond the baseplate.
Greg