Anybody see "Alone in the Wilderness?"

Page 3 of 3

I thought the very same thing right off the bat.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

they
"Untouched by man" means "other than himself."
Not to minimize the incredible story, but I have watched this film repeatedly and there are at least two scenes shot by a camera person; one is which the camera pans following him walking, the other in which the camera is being carried hand-held by someone walking a short distance away.

I noticed that and assumed that the plane pilot was at the controls for a couple of very brief sequences. The protagonist was alone for 99 percent or so of the shots and in most the top of his head was cut off by the camera, which a second human operator would not do. I'm thinking the camera was on a tripod and the shots framed incorrectly..
Bob

I think this is the guy you are referencing: http://www.minifarmhomestead.com/outdoors/richardproenneke.htm
An incredible story. Rick