Another *&^% kickback! Need recommendations for a REAL splitter!!

Page 2 of 2
Dave, I just installed my MJ splitter yesterday. I have the green one for 1/8" kerf blades since that is the blade I use. I followed the directions precisely, even when drilling the holes in the ZCI. Directions say use one 'pass' with the drill bit and don't go up and down multiple times since it will enlarge the holes. I made certain to use just on pass without stopping half way through. After I got done, I put the splitter in and was somewhat shocked because it went in effortlessly...I was expecting some kind of resistance that would help hold it in. After ripping long boards, some of them 'pulled' the splitter out while others cut without any issues. The boards were flat and jointed and planed.
Karl