Angle Wright back in business...

A guy in the shop has a really nice angle finder/miter gauge called an Angle Wright. Unfortunately these are no longer manufactured, and I haven't been able to find one for sale. For a long time there was no web presence other than to say they aren't making them any longer. But recently they started promoting and selling AngleWright Woodworker's Height Gauge, which can be seen here.... http://www.anglewright.com
I don't have a need at this time for one of these, but I am in the market for a nice beefy angle finder/protractor type thing. Any recommendations? I'd like to be able to set it to an angle and lock it, and have it stay accurate even under a bit of force.
JP

That price is really good for the seller. I got something close to that from Grizzly (to lazy to look up details), that was far less. See <http://www.grizzly.com/products/category.aspx?key&0050>
I also got a Wixey digital angle finder with magnetic base, but it is NOT a protractor. DAGS for it.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Did you mean this one for $20.00 ? http://www.grizzly.com/products/Table-Saw-Gauge-Left-Swinging/G2859

No that was not the one I meant, but it is really cute! Late reply because we were without power for 24 hrs, courtesy of the Ocober surprise. Although not too many big trees went over, the damage from broken off branches is almost greater here in 07410 than with Irene.
--
Best regards
Han

07481, without power from last Saturday until 9PM last night. MUCH worse damage here than what Irene brought.
tommyboy wrote:

How do you mean that - in terms of the length of the power outage, or in terms of the real damage done throughout many homes and businesses in the area? I really have a hard time believing that this storm caused any more - let alone MUCH more damage than Irene.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

You're next doors!!
Yes, upon further reflection this Octosnowsurprise was about 5x worse than Irene in terms of tree damage.
--
Best regards
Han
On 10/29/2011 7:47 AM, JayPique wrote:

personally, i would think to use something like that would be getting a little ATE UP with it!
--
Steve Barker
JayPique wrote:

I have a starrett square with a protractor which can be set for nearly any angle. Like this:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?pW065&cat=1,42936
--
Gerald Ross

Ask me about my vow of silence.

Height gauge
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/2642462932.html
cheers Bob
On 10/30/2011 12:17 AM, JayPique wrote:

Angle ? how does it measure angles ? . Looks like a hieght gauge to me . should call it Hieght Wright.
Pity not in Metric either.
--
Kevin (Bluey)