Always use the guard???

On a Mandolin slicer. My girl friend decided to thick slice a sweet potato for Christmas dinner. She decided the guard wouldn't hold the huge potato so attempted it free hand. She ended up in the emergency ward when she took off 3/8 of an inch of her thumb and almost all the nail.
I'm not sure I can continue to date her now that she's disfigured. :(
If it wasn't for the Lee Valley catalogs I never would have bought the evil thing. I might sue...for 3 weeks of lost foreplay. It was the thumb on her most talented hand...

Just think how much more delightful she'll be in the future as ambidextrous.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/02/07
Swingman wrote: