Always use the guard???

On a Mandolin slicer. My girl friend decided to thick slice a sweet potato for Christmas dinner. She decided the guard wouldn't hold the huge potato so attempted it free hand. She ended up in the emergency ward when she took off 3/8 of an inch of her thumb and almost all the nail.

I'm not sure I can continue to date her now that she's disfigured. :(

If it wasn't for the Lee Valley catalogs I never would have bought the evil thing. I might sue...for 3 weeks of lost foreplay. It was the thumb on her most talented hand...

Reply to
jimmy

Just think how much more delightful she'll be in the future as ambidextrous.

Reply to
Swingman

Uh, she didn't cut her tongue, did she?

Reply to