Aluminum router plate

I have a 1/2", 10" x 10" or so flat aluminum plate that I'd like to use to mount a router in my router table. Problem is the aluminum is not anodized so I'm concerned it will mark the wood. I'm thinking of gluing formica to the top of the plate. Anyone have alternate suggestions? Thanks.
Roy!
Why would aluminum be a problem? There are thousands of aluminum toped router tables and tablesaws out there. You figure that people buy these so they can do ugly work? It's not a problem.

Wax it.

You could have it annodized. Joe G
If I had a nice chunk of aluminum like that, I would probably use one of the many epoxy enamels out there, and then as Charlie said, wax it.
Easy to apply, easy to renew.
Robert

formica glue to aluminum can be a bit tricky. do a bit of reading of the can label to make sure you have the right glue. if your shop has wide temp swings differential expansion may give you flatness problems. otherwise, it should work fine.

No problems with my plain aluminum plates. Greg