allen key heads for a screw gun?

Hello all,
I often need to use allen keys when assembling furniture and other items and was wondering if I could get drill bit accessories to match the various sized allen keys that I can use with my cordless screw gun. I've been looking around and have not had any luck. Anyone point me in the right direction? Any reason why this is so uncommon or am I just looking in the wrong places?
Thanks in advance!
Buy a second set and simply cut off the bend of each key to leave you with a straight allen key driver bit that will easily "chuck up" in your drill.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 80 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Incra V27 Miter Gauge - GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner - Karcher NT361 Dust Extractor - Ozito Electronic Ear Muffs - Festool TDK Cordless Drills - Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps ------------------------------------------------------------
Not uncommon at all.
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId 0319-1074-22385
Just get a socket adapter for your drill to go with it.
FriscoSoxFan wrote:

Also just got new Craftsman catalog and there are several options there...

Here is a link to a set. http://doityourself.com/store/6944748.htm
Another place to look is at automotive supply stores such as Advance Auto Parts. They normally keep sets in stock.
David

hmm.. every cheap set of bits I've seem include allen, torax, square, etc., whether you need them or not..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
They have them at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Harbor Freight and Northern I have seen them in singles or in kits with an assortment of bits.

Scramblur wrote:

Where are you located? In the US allens are so commonplace that I find it difficult to imagine you having difficulty finding them--the Borgs, Sears, auto parts stores, hardware stores, just about any place that sells hand tools has them, as the regular bent keys, screwdriver-type, hex-shank, and quarter-inch or 3/8 inch socket.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Scramblur wrote:

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Scramblur"

Snap-On. Get some hex-drive bits, in whatever size or shape you want. They fit into a magnetic hex holder, which most cordless drivers already provide. At a pinch you can just chuck them.
Snap-On's are cheap, they're guaranteed and they're the best quality you'll find anywhere. While you're there, get a few of the tiny short screwdrivers they make too - a hex-drive bit in a little plastic handle. Really useful for tight spaces and also cheap. They also make excellent ratchet screwdrivers for these bits - horribly expensive, but I wouldn't be without mine.
Snap-On's security bits are expensive though. My set of those is just a Chinese $10 set of everything.
--
Smert' spamionam

Thanks for all the feedback. Guess I'm not looking hard enough!