air palm nailers

had seen these at the store but never gave them much attention
looking on online retailers there are a lot of different makes and models
the one pounders just seem too light for 16d nails seems like they would rattle your hand off or make it go numb but the heavier ones weigh in at 3 pounds and i wonder if that is even enough mass to absorb the shock
also wonder how they do with smaller nails
they make a lot of sense especially for those tight spots like between studs
there is a cordless model also but i forget the brand and they are pricde higher

I saw one, for the first time, when an acquaintance was putting up a new deck for a friend. He used hangers for the joist-to-bridging joints and 2-1/2" galvanized nails fer the hangers. Quite intriguing. I didn't even know what a palm nailer was.

His palm nailer was air powered, which I would suggest. Gotta pancake compressor?
nb

Don't most people prefer fluffy airy pancakes?

I would hope pancake compressors are "airy". ;)
nb
Palm nailers are great for certain jobs. The vibration to your hand is much less than you would think. I would not want to use one all day.The one place you will get severe vibration is if you hold the nail to get it in position. Let go quick. I had to shear nail through some joist hangers with 16d nails, 6 to each. I spent more time moving the ladder than nailing.
CP
On Tue, 31 May 2016 17:04:49 -0700

i got a chance to try one today you are right vibration is no problem at all
just getting used to using it was the odd part
getting used to how much pressure to apply to make it start nailing
i like the sound of it too it is unusual
i really like it and i mean a lot it is a much cleaner way to nail
definitely getting one of these
it also means i will be much more likely to use up my stockpile of nails from over the years of one off jobs
with a palm nailer it is easy to nail in tight spots
i just discovered this thing last week i had heard them mentioned but had no idea that you can use pretty much any normal size nail in them and no special nails like a nail gun