Air Nailer question?

Looking to purchase an air nailer. Don’t want to rent or borrow anymore. Want one that will cover most homeowner projects. I am thinking ¾ -2” range. I could go for a framing nailer separately. Should I buy a generic Chicago Pneumatic or go for the top brands Porter Cable or Senco? Any opinions on these off brands? Is it harder to find nails that fit?
Thanks TP
Add pictures here
✖
Define homeowner projects. I built a 36x72 barn. I used a Paslide framing nail gun. I installed the shinges and use a roofing nail gun. I installed T111 siding using the framing gun and galvanized siding nails. I installed trim in the barn bath and tack room using a Paslode trim gun. All nails available at Home Depot or Lowes. The shop I used to work in had Senco guns that were nice. I installed oak flooring in the house. I rented a Bostick pneumatic flooring nail gun. I have also framed with Bostick framing guns. I don't like to buy toy tools for serious tasks. Pawn shops let me get some of those good tools for less than retail. Good tools have a suppply of parts. Cheap tools may not have a parts supply available. That said I have not had to service any of my nail guns except to clear some jams from the Paslode trim gun.

Add pictures here
✖
Thanks Jim. I define home owner as you do, someone who builds for himself. I don't need the nailers for a commercial business. I just thought if I buy them (toys) and build my addition, barn and few odd jobs, it would be okay. The next time I use the nailers there could be a new fastening system on the market.
TP
Jim Behning wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Nothing new on the nailing front in the 10-15 years I have owned the tools. Well maybe there is but my "old" tools still drive nails just fine by me. Kind of like the 1980's vintage Delta and Rockwell tools in the basement. They work the same as the ones we used in college and and high school. More geegaws these days that I survived without.

Add pictures here
✖

I checked out some pawn shops once, hoping to latch on to a deal or two. The stuff they were selling had the crap beat out of it and the prices were only about 15% below retail. Some used items were actually priced higher in the pawn shop than new items in a store.
Add pictures here
✖
Yeah, yeah. I have gotten stuff at closer to 1/2 off and totally functional. Some stuff a bit beatup, other stuff looking a bit used. Your shopping experience may vary.

Add pictures here
✖
I recently bought a Grizzly finish gun and it is ok. So is my Porter cable stapler.
I go to an air tools dealer for nails and he has brand and generics both for most guns.
RonT
Add pictures here
✖
I have owned a Porter Cable brad nailer for about 5 years and it is giving me good service. It has been through a complete basement finish including construction of a bar. Also several other fair-sized projects.
As far as framing nailers go, you have to use one a lot to get your money's worth. My son and I framed up a 24' x 28' garage a few months ago with a borrowed nailer. It was pretty much all over in two days. Had the loaner not been available a rental might have been a good option.

Add pictures here
✖