Air Nailer/Pinner

Looking for opinions on an air nailer/pinner for shooting 1'' and less. I want to use it on some 3/4'' material in assembly of some raised panel doors. Just want to put a pin or two in each corner of rail/stile.

Thanks!

Reply to
Gredo Goldenstein

Many people here seem to think the Harbor Freight Brad Nailer that often goes on sale for around $20 works a treat!

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Woodworking Techniques & Projects

- Kreg Right Angle Clamp

- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw

- Dowelmax Doweling System

- Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill

Woody

You might want to consider pinning once in the middle (top and bottom rail) rather than at the corners, allow for normal wood movement. Ideally, those panels float. Wood expands much more across the width. If you stop it at the corners, it might warp in the middle.

As to a small pinner gizmo, perhaps one of the cheapo Harbor Freight air guns for $20 on sale might do the trick. This is almost a craft application. The board is quite thin there.

Reply to
edfan

I am only nailing on the stiles, to hold the joint together, should the glue ever fail.

I decided on a Porter Cable BN125A with some 5/8'' brads. It does a little more than what I needed but I got a fair deal on it.

Thanks for everyones input!

Reply to
Gredo Goldenstein