Advise on CAD software please, TIA

Hi all,
Iíve done woodworking for a long time now as a hobby, but redundancy has pushed me into it full time now and I was wondering what cad software other people where using. Iím after something that will do 2D/3D presentation to customers and do a cutting list if poss. Iíve had a look round the internet and what looks the best piece of software for me is cabinet builder, vision or ware, from a company called planit.com
Are there any other suggestions? + anyone had any first hand experience of Planit software (good or bad piece of software to use)
TIA
Noggo
‚úĖ

If you have had formal training it will be a great help. If you are new to CAD, most any piece of software is going to present an up hill learning curve. CAD software is not as easy to learn as most all other programs. It greatly helps to have a working knowledge of how to draw correctly.
With 21 years of CAD experience and formal training before that, I went through 5 brands before finding one that I liked and stayed with 10 years ago. Unfortunately that brand was/is an expensive one.
GOOD LUCK in your search. I suggest trial versions before committing to any one brand. If you want to dabble with a 3D version, Google has SketchUP available for free IIRC. It is probably the easiest to use, as far as getting a taste is concerned. IMHO it is more of an entry level program.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ