ABPW Gremlins??

Folks -
I posted a pic of the TS and bench in the new shop, and it sent, according to MS OE....rrrrr... I've sychronized the NG a couple of times and my post with pic hasn't shown up. Lawrence Smith posted a response to my message, so it's SOMEHWHERE... The pic I attached was about 300mb, not the largest of the group, and it hasn't bounced back.
This has happent before, and it seems to be random.... Why can other people see my post, but it doesn't show, even if I do a search?
Ashcroft? Area 51? The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy???
Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears!
John Moorhead

Ummmm... Your news provider sucks?
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:39:14 GMT, "John Moorhead"

I saw it... and responded, too.

Newsgroups are not very reliable. I saw your post athis afternoona nd again on my home computer. I have a different services in each location and about 10% of the post show up on one and not the other. That goes for all newsgroups.
When I post a photo, it does seem to take a long time to show up and I've seen replies before the original.
I don't know the reliability of email, but I'd not depend on the newsgroups as a vital communications medium. Ed
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:39:14 GMT, "John Moorhead"
Holy shit. What size was it? 8x10? Feet?
My 4.3 megapixel camera does 1200x1600 pixel shots about 600 times smaller.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:39:14 GMT, "John Moorhead"
That's about a week's total traffic for me. I imagine many servers will reject it.
Even 300kB is going some for a typical digital camera photo. You don't need that sort of size unless you're doing print quality. Most ABPW pictures should be between 50-100kB
--
Smert' spamionam

I just looked at it. Likely less than 300k and certainly not 300mb.
John Moorhead wrote:

I've had that happen occasionally in THIS newsgroup. In your case, I saw your post though I didn't respond. You have an Excalibur guard on your TS.
You need a little more light in your shop. You can get a suntan in mine.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Join the crowd John. I have posted on this ABPW gremlin before and the consensus seems to be that problem is with local news servers. Beyond that I just don't know. What I have noticed is.
1) The first look I get at my own picture post is when someone responds.
2) If the posted files are much over 150-200k, I almost never see them until someone respondes.
3) If I build an initial submittal string with an intro message and each pic submitted with an individual message ('subject 0/3' (with the intro), 'subject 1/3' (pic), 'subject 2/3' (pic),.....) it usually goes right through.
Must be tied to the news servers because I often send fairly large pics with emails. As long as the receivers service is equipped to receive they usually get there.
RonB