A woodwork newbie. Recomendations for Lumber suppliers for South Florida please.

I'm looking for hobby-level suppliers of fully-planed lumber to build interior furniture in Palm Beach, FL area.
So far, I know of Home Depot & Lowes, but does anyone know of good online merchants that would deliver here? ..In relatively small quantities.
Cheers.

In Palm Beach I know of no-where - doesn't mean there aren't any, that's just a tad far north for me.
In Broward there's a Woodcraft in Pompano, & General Hardwood down by the Ft Laud airport (tend to be expensive, and don't measure fairly in my opinion). In Dade there's Whittelsey, who have a good selection at decent prices.
I don't think you'd have any problem getting an online merchant to deliver to S Fla. Of course, the futher away they are the more shipping will cost. I've ordered from Steve Wall for lumber, and Boulter for plywood, with no problems. I would recommend both.
John

Well certainly off topic for the both of you, but take care down there! First TS of the year!! God how I hope you guys don't get hammered down that way like last year!!! It's about time the east coast gets it!

Tropical storms & cat 1 hurricanes we don't worry about. Lots of rain, but not much else of interest.

Yeah, we hope that too :-)

To be strictly accurate, we are the east coast (of Florida). But I understand your meaning. Hopefully this years storms will stay well out to sea.
John

Well I guess it's like around here, thunder storms and tornadoes though.

Yea, glad you caught my meaning. Upper east coast! But agree, hope they stay well out to sea. I've got friends down in Pensacola and Panama City. I was down there a few weeks ago to help one of them finish up rebuilding from Ivan and Katrina.

1. Get out your local Yellow Pages 2. Look under Lumber, Wood, Timber, Hardwood, Woodworking, Power Tools, etc. 3. Call one of them. Once you find one local woodworker, he/she can clue you in on the local club(s), classes, etc. 4. Remember that Google is your friend. Type all the above in the search box along Plumb Beach and see what shakes out.
Regards, Roy