A Wood Gloat

Well, it was bound to happen eventually... I got a perfectly straight 7/4 8.5" x 54" hunk of Mesquite (unheard of in Wisconsin) tonight that has been air-drying for about 10 years. My dad had been storing it to make a sign (though he wasn't sure what sign it would be) and I asked him not to waste it. So, he gave it to me on the condition that if he ever decides he needs a sign, I'll make him one out of Cedar. It's really unlikely he'll ever need a sign of any sort, so it was basically a free score. Now to figure out what to do with it... *gloat* :) Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Chip it up and smoke up some pastrami from corned beef? Alex
AAvK wrote:

Philistine.
AAvK wrote:

talking like that can get you hung
Richard Clements wrote:

[snip]
Just had to jump in with some words of wisdom passed down from my dear ol' dad (who taught English at some point in a varied career): You can be hung and you can be hanged. One's good and one's real bad.     mahalo,     jo4hn
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:14:11 -0700, Richard Clements

Not to mention smoked over a slow fire.
That is one honking big piece of mesquite, even for those of us living in mesquite country.
--RC
Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:05:06 -0600, Prometheus

OK, you SUCK!
Make pens. <Nomex=ON>
--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.