A Wood Gloat

Well, it was bound to happen eventually... I got a perfectly straight

7/4 8.5" x 54" hunk of Mesquite (unheard of in Wisconsin) tonight that has been air-drying for about 10 years. My dad had been storing it to make a sign (though he wasn't sure what sign it would be) and I asked him not to waste it. So, he gave it to me on the condition that if he ever decides he needs a sign, I'll make him one out of Cedar. It's really unlikely he'll ever need a sign of any sort, so it was basically a free score. Now to figure out what to do with it... *gloat* :) Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Reply to
Prometheus

Chip it up and smoke up some pastrami from corned beef? Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Philistine.

Reply to
jo4hn

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:05:06 -0600, Prometheus calmly ranted:

OK, you SUCK!

Make pens.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

talking like that can get you hung

Reply to
Richard Clements

[snip]

Just had to jump in with some words of wisdom passed down from my dear ol' dad (who taught English at some point in a varied career): You can be hung and you can be hanged. One's good and one's real bad. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Not to mention smoked over a slow fire.

That is one honking big piece of mesquite, even for those of us living in mesquite country.

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

Hey, I know...make a sign :)

Dave Hall