A question for any Scroll Sawyers

Is it possible to stack cut 2 or 3 pieces of 1/2" hardwood (in particular White Oak and Cherry) with good results? I've never tried stack cutting so I'm unsure as to what to watch out for.

Thanks,

Kevin Daly

Kevin Daly

Stroke length, blade TPI, and adhesive all limit what you can stack. I can double stick two pieces of 3/4 stock together with little problem.

Reply to
George

Go with as few tpi as you can endure - the blade will run cooler and cut faster. Skip-tooth, precision-ground teeth (PGT) are what you want. If you have a weak, cheesy scroll saw, you are asking for grief. DAMHIKT.

O'Deen

Reply to
Patrick Olguin