A little help needed

Hello,

I have a little business with some of our American partners. I'll have a very important deal soon, but to proceed with it I need some documents from them to fill in various forms. Not long ago I got a fax from them and now I'm looking at what he says his ssn is. To tell the truth I have problems believing this is valid, because it looks just to small to me (it measures 6 by 12cm) I really wouldn't want to sound stupid or something, but as I already mentioned, I'm ouside US and I've never been dealing with thise ssn's before. So if anyone of you could tell me what a real ccn measures, that would really help me to verify it.

I would greatly asppreciate your help, because it's really important to me.

Reply to
eugenesarch

I'm sure it is important. My recently deceased friend, Prince Abu Moketo of Nigeria, also needed that information. He left me a large portion of his wealth, but the criminals now in government are trying to take it from his estate. His will clearly left the money to me and I sent my bank account numbers to have it transferred.

I'll be doing some traveling as soon as I get the money. Perhaps we can get together for lunch, say in Morocco or Zurich and I can show you my authentic SS Card.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Good one, Edwin.

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Ahh, that's nuthin'. I just got an email from Yasser Arafat's widow.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

.. and I just ot one from Yasser himself...

Reply to
GregP

Huh? That doesn't quite make sense. I guess you're looking at a fax of the actual card itself?

They're, um, 2" x 3.5" or something along those lines. Let's see, your measurements scale out to about 2.5" x 5", roughly. That seems suspiciously large.

If you go to

and search for "social security card" you can see a variety of images depicting various incarnations of these things over the years. They're all the same size, going way back to the '60s at least. The color of the card and the layout and graphics have changed somewhat over time.

Reply to
Silvan

If you are going to counterfeit a card, you want to be accurate. Now where do you want out money fraudulently sent to?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yeah, I know. Egg on my face. Stooooopid. Thank you for not making a big production out of rubbing my face in it and smacking me in the head with a newspaper. Bad Silvan, bad!

Reply to
Silvan

Seriously? What's the scam on that one?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yeah... Beat this... I got one from Yasser!!! Yasser Areufat that is. It was a weight loss spam.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

Joe

Have I ever lied to you?

I think it was along the same lines as the Nigerian scam. Not sure, I don't keep that crap around very long.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Don't know for sure, but how many people outside the US have to know the actual dimension of an authentic SS card?

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I'd also be suspicious if I was passing the bank and a guy standing there asked if I knew the schedule of the armored car delivery.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I understood the point of that one. My question was regarding Buddy's reference to a scam from Yasser's wife.

Yup.

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Dear Troll,

Thank you for your troll. Your troll has been evaluated by our panel of experts. Here are the results of our tests.

We found that your troll was... [X] Incomprehensible [ ] Offensive [ ] Just plain stupid [ ] Without merit [ ] Grammatically incorrect [ ] Laced with spelling and punctuation errors [ ] Laden with circular reasoning [ ] Laced with misunderstandings of basic scientific principles [ ] Somewhat too revealing of your minimal mental abilities [ Too similar to other trolls submitted in the past

You could improve your troll considerably by... [ ] Including a few actual facts [ ] Taking remedial English lessons [ ] Mentioning that you are a professional [X] Stating more falsehoods as facts than you already have [ ] Swearing more [ ] Including more colorful personal insults [ ] Using the phrases "you people" or "those people" more [ ] Modifying your insults to cover larger groups of people at once [ ] Ranting incoherently [ ] Using religious or racial slurs [ ] Using the words "junk", "crap", "garbage", "toy", "flimsy" and "Professional" more frequently [ ] Using childish taunts [ ] Including fake laughter such as "ha ha ha" or "har de har de har" [ ] Focusing on just one outrageous topic will give your troll more punch [ ] Ignoring any facts, and using more absolutes in your troll [ ] Using all capital letters [ ] Focusing more on those areas in which "your" view is better than "their" view [ ] Exaggerate more, you need not be limited by facts

Please get a... [ ] life [ ] grip [ ] job [X] clue [ ] book on basic woodworking

[ ] note from your mom [ ] telescope

You should... [ ] Have someone who can read review your postings [ ] Save your postings for later and think if you really want to send them [ ] Take your medication [ ] Not have "one for the road" next time [X] Stay in school [ ] Go and buy whatever blurffl you want, we don't care [ ] Think about other people's feelings before you post [ ] Get your ego boost some other way [ ] Realize that by trolling a group you hurt everyone, not just the people you are mad at [X] Go away so we can talk about woodworking[ ] Put up a web site with your name on it to show the world [ ] Take down your web site, it's not very good

Suggested other activities besides trolling... [ ] Posting something constructive [ ] Actually having a look at a piece of wood [ ] Helping someone else [ ] Spending some time with your family instead of your magazines [ ] Working off that big pot belly [ ] Get your ego boost instead by helping out at a local hospital [X] Consider another hobby that does not require contact with other humans e.g. mortuary science

Thank you for your submission.

You have... [ ] passed [ ] passed with honors [x] failed, must try harder

Reply to
Bob Schmall