Page 1 of 2
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/ACollaborativeEffort #
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

L0ooks Goooood!
Really look good with the paint. ;~)
Swingman wrote:

Sharp, sharp, sharp! Someone is an artist...
Bill

That almost has a Starry Night feel to it...... I like it!

Excellent!
What's backing the stonework?
Sonny
On 4/14/2011 7:34 PM, Sonny wrote:

She did the mosaic on 1/4" Hardi-Backer board. I backed that up with 1" of Baltic birch ply.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Great work, Karl!!
--
Best regards
Han
On 4/14/2011 7:34 PM, Han wrote:

hand work of the mosaic and iron work.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

2 thoughts:
1) Hey, cool. I like the little blue-leafed palms or rhodies around the outside. The blood splotches are kinda neat, too. ;)
and
2) OMG! Who has the patience for those? I see mosaics and just cringe. I could never sit down and put together something like that.
-- The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. -- Ayn Rand

KC:
Fine wood, nice steel and pretty broken plates-- or "pique assiette" if we want to be fancy. And it's fancy.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On 4/14/2011 5:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

A hand rubbed finish, a la Sam Maloof, and the piece is now residing in its designated home.
As color blind as I am, I could still appreciate the gorgeous complement of the hand rubbed walnut to the old leather couch ... a "rich' look, indeed. Wished I had something besides a DroidX POS camera, you really need to be there.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 4/28/2011 1:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

Man, drop that in my living room and I'd try to design a room around it. Beautiful! If I was selling that, I'd find the hoitiest-toitiest reseller I could find!
Bill

HOLY...
SMOKE!
Whoa.... I liked the mosaic work before, but that frame around it now makes it just jump out. I think it is a hard task to make a piece like that look classy as the mosaic patterns can go so terribly wrong sometimes.
Not there. Your frame was the perfect compliment; its exacting tolerances and hand applied finish really make the whole piece come together. What a great job.
Nice.
Robert

Thanks, Robert ... I enjoyed working with the other folks on that project, no pressure, just do your thing and see what comes. It is certainly not something I would have sought out, or even thought I'd like doing for that matter.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

How nice now I see it in its element. I hope to find the patience to try out some of those exotic finishes. I still see elements of Starry Night....
Nice!
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:57:37 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

"It's time to increase your dose of Lithium, sir."
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Lithium wouldn't reduce the hallucinogenic component of Absinthe, the elixir that many scholars believe caused Van Gogh to see the swirls evident in many of his paintings. Hallucinations AND enormous amounts of gas are both a side effects of absinthe. The gas often so bad that one can be mistaken for a loud motorcycle. Hence:
Absinthe makes the farts go honda. . . . . . . .
The Right Reverend Spooner grolls over in his rave.
Do you still remember December's foggy freeze when the ice that clings on to your beard is screaming agony. And you snatch your rattling last breaths with deep-sea-diver sounds, and the flowers bloom like madness in the spring.

Sun streaking cold an old man wandering lonely. Taking time the only way he knows. Leg hurting bad, as he bends to pick a dog-end he goes down to the bog and warms his feet.