a bit of a gloat and needed guidance on dewalt cordless

Ok, through a quirk of fate I was recently given a set of new DeWalt 18 volt XR2 batteries and a charger. Problem is I don't have any DeWalt 18 volt tools - what to do, what to do. I know, buy some :) So I go rummaging around on ebay looking for DeWalt 18 volt tools (specifically a drill and a circular saw) and lo and behold there are a dizzying array of models to choose from both new and used without batteries or a charger. So I come before the wizened denizens of the group for some guidance. In drills I saw a number of DW929s, DW959s, DW987s and DW998 hammer drills. It looks to me like the 929 has a cheaper chuck and may even be only 3/8ths. The "Tim the Toolman" in me says OOOOh a hammer drill, not knowing when or if I would ever use the hammer feature or if it can be used as a normal drill/driver. I think I probably should look toward the 959 or the 987 but don't know the details or pros/cons of the two or any that I have left out.
Then to the saw. I noted DW934s, DW936s, DW939s, and DC390s. What's a fellow to do? Based on it having a higher price and the pretty pictures (not to mention a different numbering system than the rest), the DC390 looked "best" but I know nothing of the pros & cons of it or of the rest (or appropriate price ranges).
Over all it looks like some juditious shopping could allow me to have a decent DW drill & saw set for an affordable price. I know the XR2 batteries are less than the current XRPs, but I understand that the XR2 batteries will fit and run XRP branded units - does anyone know otherwise?
Thanks for any guidance you can give.
Dave Hall
[...]

When I first saw these, I assumed that these are from sets that were broken up to sell piece-by- piece on eBay. Do standard DeWalt warranties apply to these ?