Merry Christmas

responding to

ToolGuy wrote: And a Merry Christmas to you too! May your holidays and the upcoming new year be filled with joy for you and your loved ones. =)

------------------------------------- Looking for CHEAP TOOLS? Over 100,000 new & used tools @

ToolGuy

And to you and yours and from me to you all

Tim W in the Quantock Hills

Reply to
Tim W

Thanks Jack. I hope everyone here has a safe and happy holiday.

And for all of our friends here (and everyone else involvedfor that matter) that have been besieged by terrible weather of some type or another I hope you guys get a break.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Same to you and yours, and to all here ... everyone here in our house is getting into the spirit:

Christmas!

Reply to
Swingman

little cutey, that one. And you will not have to worry about having her taken away from you for violent dog attacks either!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

:) ... shhhhhhh, not so loud ... she thinks she's a pit bull!

Reply to
Swingman

Nova wrote the following:

Bah, Humbug! But you have a nice one.

Reply to
willshak

Merry Christmas! I'll trade you a router and a circular saw for that little nuisance.

Max

Reply to
Max

LOL, I'll have my two golden retrivers and my daughter's golden puppy in the house tomorrow to assist in opening presents. All three love to shred wrapping paper. It will be interesting.

Reply to
Nova

My wife wants to know how much the little fur ball cost.

Thanks.

She wants to know how much EVERYTHING cost. If I buy something at the store, she always ask what it cost. And always get upset with me when I don't know.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

-------------------------------- The classic answer to above:

If you have to ask, you can't afford.

Applies to a lot of boats, especially Swan & Hinckley.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I'd tell you, but then I've have to call Guido to silence both of you. Suffice it to say she doesn't eat much, and costs way less than most Festools. ;)

Merry Christmas, Lee!

Reply to
Swingman

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Some one thought our Christmas was going to be dull, so they set fire to part of our property, burned a couple of acres. Dollar amount of damage was near zero Neighbor plowed around it with a dozer.

I had just walked back in the door after returning from the fire, when one of our dogs dropped her first puppy, corgis aren't overly blessed with mothering ability-looks like it a long night.

In between puppies one and two a hawk gets after my chickens, In order to not incriminate myself, I won't go into what happens to hawks that are after my chickens.

Never a dull moment.

Reply to
basilisk

Thanks for the cheer and wishes. Merry Christmas, Everyone.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

It doesn't really fit this group, but this was my annual Christmas post in sci.astro.amateur, a group that has unfortunately deteriorated rather badly over the years...

For more than forty years, it has been my personal tradition to be outdoors at midnight on Christmas... It doesn't matter which midnight, it's a busy time of year, but I usually make both. Tonight, I put on my heavy coat, my rabbit fur trooper hat, and a pair of gloves, and stepped outside to greet Christmas. It wasn't bitter cold at 23 degrees F, (-5 C,) especially for west-central Iowa, but there was just enough wind to be uncomfortable. There was very little sound aside from the sweep of the wind... The highways are a bit slick for doing much traveling, and most people are staying put. The sky was heavily overcast, leaden gray at the horizon and sodium streetlight pollution orangeish overhead, but all in all, Christmas card pretty. We'd been getting light snow on top of what we already had, and I trudged out to the middle of the empty cornfield next to my house through the fresh, unbroken snow. I was standing in the middle of a shallow, white bowl... The white horizon showed clearly against the dark sky, and trees, fences, and the taller stalks of cornstubble showed up dark against the whiteness of the snow. The night was worthless for stargazing... Up above those clouds, Orion would be just west of the meridian as he always is on a Christmas midnight, but tonight, there wasn't even any indication of the bright gibbous moon. For anyone who loves the night though, most all nights are beautiful in one way or another, and tonight was the kind of night where I could admit that even the usually blindingly annoying streetlights were kind of pretty... Looking north toward my little pop. 1400 town, they seemed to compete with the Christmas lighting, and reflected off the snow in the open fields around me. I checked my watch, and midnight had passed while I was looking around. I headed back to my house to type this, and then fill a few Christmas stockings. I wish all my astronomical friends a Merry Christmas! Marty Merry Christmas to all my woodworking friends too!!

Reply to
Marty