Subject Author Posted Replies

Wots a 'Butt Gauge'?
Curious. I see these on ebay and I don't know what they are for. Item 260167202747for example. Tim w begin 666 M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1 35(...
10

Price your work - online estimator
I came across this cost estimator while perusing a woodworker's site. Very enlightening especially since SWMBO just volunteered me to make a 'simple' desk for her niece.

retrofit armoire with 270 degree hinges
Hi, I was wondering how easy it would be to retrofit an armoire with 270 degree hinges. I'm not a woodworker. I can build some basic stuff - rough framing, box construction, that sort of thing. Before...
2
2

Help Identify these tools... I have no idea what they are for!
Can you take a look at these tools and tell me what they are for or what they are called? Thanks!! so much http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/435079151.htmlThanks
13
13

FS: Cherry lumber, San Jose, CA
I have rough sawn cherry lumber for sale in San Jose, CA Some water stains on the boards. 23 boards, 4/4, 10 ft lengths, mostly 5-7" wide. 115 gross bd-ft. I estimate 68 bd-ft useable (not water...

To pocket or not to pocket?
SWMBO wants two end tables and luckily for me the design is fairly simple. This is what she wants me to build assembly instructions show that the legs are the standard knockdown style with the mitered...
9
9

Wood Windows & Doors
For fun and challenge I would like to make some inside (french doors) and outside doors, and some windows. I know I don't need to. I know I will not save any money by doing it, but I think it would be...
2
2

The Woodworking Shows going away?
I know this comes up every season, but The Woodworking Shows may be about over. They have been losing participants each year, and it's getting really easy to get around the last couple of years so...
24
24

Spindle sander
I feel silly asking, but I was using a portable spindle sander tonight on a piece of cedar. I found it hard to use it without leaving ridges. I tried using it fast & slow, I came to the opinion that...
3
3

Osage Orange
I am wanting to build a small box from Osage orange. I understand it changes color much like cherry when exposed to sunlight. Is there someone out there that has a proven way to keep the bright yellow...
3
3

Woodworkers Show
The Long Island Woodworkers Show is coming up on October 27 & 28. It used to be a pretty good show when it was at Hofstra and Sports Plus with a lot of manufacturers represented and many worthwhile...
1
1

Have you seen this fastener?
Six months ago I saw a fastener somewhere, but now I have forgotten where, and I can't find it. It is a plastic, surface mounted, knock down corner connector for panels. It looks a lot like the...
2
2

more trigonometry help
I need some trig help. I need to create a bending form but I need the diameter (or radius, it doesn't matter) based on the following The diameter of a circle formed by an arc with a 1/8" apex over a 1...
32
32

Jointer knives
After about 15 years of use, I finally hit an embedded screw in a used piece of wood in my jointer. It put a 1/32 nick in the knives that affects the plane profile. Are these blades ruined? Is it...
20
20

Triton TRA001 Router
Anyone have any reports on the Triton TRA001 3-1/4 HP router. I'm looking at it for use in a router table. It looks like be pretty well designed with that use in mind. Price wise it's attractive, any...
9
9