7/32" Forstner Bit?

Page 2 of 2

You can also try this. Get a 7/32" piece of steel tubing and sharpen the inside edge. (You are making a paper drill.) Chuck this up and slice through the top layers of the wood, then change to your brad point and drill the hole.
The paper drill will burnish the wood and this should prevent the chipping.
--

Roger Shoaf

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:25:51 GMT, "Ken Johnsen"

using a guide board for one axis and stops for the graduations between holes. The router will cut them clean as a whistle. And, if you set-up as above it will be quicker than drilling.
: I need to drill 7/32" holes within an eight inch of each other. With my : normal bits Iget splintering in between the holes. A forstner bit would : prevent this but my smallst is 1/4". Does anyone know if 7/32" forstner bits : are available? A google search didn't show any results
The cleanest drilling bits I've ever used are brad point bits with spurs on the outside. One excellent brand is Fisch's Vortex series, which at least used to be sold at Woodcraft. Lee Valley also sells an excelent line.
-- Andy Barss