>45 deg cuts.

My miter saw has +/- 45 deg marks. That is, the max "pointedness" I can get is 45 deg. I need to cut a 1" x 2" with a more pointed cut, say about 60 deg. That is, the angle between the cut and the length should be 60 Deg. (actually about 62 deg but that is a matter of trial and error.)
I have tried to use my table saw without much success.
Is there any way I can use my miter saw to get more pointed cuts? Incidentally I have just learned how to get excellent matching corner cuts for crown molding on my miter saw. I figure there must be a way to get pointed cuts also.
Peter.

Make a plywood wedge to add 45 degrees to the fence. The saw will now cut 45 degrees when the scale reads 0.
Could you turn the wood 90 degrees, using a framing square to align it.
Pete Stanaitis ----------------------
PVR wrote:

PVR wrote:

Turn the wood around; if you need 60 degress, cut 30 degrees from the other way.