12" table saw

Anyone want to recommend a 12" table saw? Lou
The Grizzly 12" left tilt will be my replacement for my Delta 10"
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas
Lou wrote:

I'm curious why a 12" table saw is wanted? To simply get a heavier chasis, more cast iron than is available on 10" cabinet saws? Or are you looking at the various European models produced by Felder, Hammer, MiniMax, Martin, etc. and 12" (300-350mm) is the standard size?
If you simply want size and weight, then you might want to move up to the 14/16" size. I think they have a considerable amount more size and weight than the 12" saws that are a sort of beefed up cabinet saw.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Deeper cut than a 10", perhaps. Cut depth on a 10" saw is pretty much limited to a bit over three inches.
--
Regards,
Just to keep thing in perspective...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

them my Powermatic #81 bandsaw wheels to true, balance and install new tires . . . they have a full service machine shop. I live in Kansas but was vacationing in Minnesota when the wheels were finished and went to their shop to pick the wheels up. I was expecting some large factory and all sorts of modern manufacturing stuff . . . but guess what . . . it's just a funky, typically messy machine shop, but can they ever still make machines! The guy who worked on my Powermatic wheels has been working on Northfield's bandsaws for approximately 35 years. I think there were only 10 or so guys working at the shop. When they get an order for a saw, they make it. No inventory waiting to be sold. Northfield could be the last real American made woodworking iron. I wish I had some of their tools. Really impressive stuff.
Rick http://www.thunderworksinc.com