1/2" Overlay Hinge Help

Hi,
I am in the process of refacing my kitchen cabinets during which I am also replacing all of the cabinet hardware. I have face-frame cabinets. The old hinges are 1/2" overlay partial wrap self-closing hinges. I would have no problem re-using them except for the fact that I am replacing the pulls with a different finish. I am having a heck of a time finding this type of hinge in a brushed satin nickel finish (the same as my pulls). So my questions to you guys, the pros, are:
1) Anyone know of a place where I can find this type of hinge in the finish I am looking for?
2) I have read a lot about European-style hinges which are fully-concealed. I'd love to use those but they all seem to require drilling a mortise(?) (sorry, I'm not sure of the correct terminology) in the doors themselves so they can be installed properly. Unfortunately I do not have the tools nor the woodworking skills to do that on my own. Are there similar hinges that would not require this extra step? I've seen "non-mortise" fully-concealed hinges but I am not sure if they will work with my specific set up here (plus they're pretty expensive, $6.99/pair, and I'm on a pretty strict budget!)
Thanks ahead of time for all of your help!

Hi Brian, if you are interested in the European style hinges, have a look at www.hettich.com or www.haefele.com. They are the leading suppliers. You don't need to cut mortises for the classical European hinges, it is just a blind hole to be drilled with a forstner bit. This can be done easily with any drill-press or even free hand.
Regards from old Europe
Matthias

Normally just a 1-3/8" hole drilled 1/8" in from the out side edge of the door and 1/2" deep. I use Blum hinges from Woodworkers Supply and pay about $1.17 each in even quantities of 50. I almost exclusively use this type hinge now. The hole is best drilled with a flat bottom Forstner bit.
Oups, make the Woodworkers Hardware NOT Supply

Check www.wwhardware.com for hinges and pulls. Might have something.
On 6 Jul 2004 06:28:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Brian) wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the good advice! You've helped a lot!
Brian wrote:>Hi,

flat-bottomed hole in the door, usually, what, an inch and three-eighths by a half-inch deep? There's $15-$20 there for the Forstner bit, and Rockler sells a jig that allows you to use a hand-held drill motor to get reasonable results... Tom Work at your leisure!