1/2 hp motor question

I need to know how to wire the terminals on the motor as they are different colors and I need to know what goes where. Any help is appreciated. you can respond to snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net
Thanks!
you obviously may need a schematic as I suspect you may have more than a single phase motor.How many wires are you looking at on the motor? what colors ?

better yet take it to a repair shop and ask ? This would be your best bet.

The motor should have a plate with diagram. It may or may not be dual voltage. It may or may not be dual direction rotation. More information is needed.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
roberth8 wrote:

See:
http://www.toad.net/~jsmeenen/motor.html

Cool site Jack! I was going to say Google everything you can find written on the motor. There are lots of sites with all sorts of stuff. The only problem is they seem to come and go.

On my DC motors, plaid is "+", and paisley is "-"
For AC/DC, use pink and blue.
Otherwise: polka-dot is hot, plaid is neutral, and paisley is grounded. And the sky blue lead is the ether net.
Seriously, *everything* is in the details -- which you DIDN'T provide.
Manufacturer? Model number? colors _on_the_terminals?? how many capacitor 'bulges' does it have?I
etc., etc.