Yet another mixer shower / combi question

I've read lots of discussion on Google groups, and have come to the conclusion that the thermostatic mixer shower the missus wants ("Ooh, that one looks nice"; it's the traditional over-head job, 160 from Screwfix) should work.

Now, our mains pressure and flow rate are OK for cold water - it's difficult to get the water to stay in the sink when you turn the tap on... the problem we have is with the hot water.

For some reason you need to have the hot tap fully on before the boiler fires up, and even reducing the pressure slightly can cause the boiler to shut down. Obviously I'm worried that the mixer shower might not take water at full pressure, and hence might not ever work properly (or at all).

The boiler is a Worcester-Bosch 240 and apart from this issue is excellent. Some eedjut has plumbed the entire house with 15mm copper though (right from the incoming main), which I feel may be the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

-Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Collins