wrong temperature reading for thermostat

Hello,

I have installed a new central heating programmer and thermostat, everything works fine, except the thermostat reads the wrong temperature (eg 25 instead of 10 degrees or 0 degrees instead of 10 degrees). I have tried a replacement thermostat, but that has the same problem. I have a simple gravity hot water / pumped central heating system. Any ideas?

Tony Lennard

Reply to
Tony Lennard

I'm probably more confused than you are! Is this a room stat? Why do you want it to read 10 degrees anyway - are you a Spartan or something?

Then in one breath you say it reads 25 when it should be 10 - and in the next breath 0 when it should be 10. Which is it - or is it totally random?

What make and model of stat is it? When you say it works fine, do you mean that it keeps the house at the right temperature as long as you *lie* to it about what temperature you want?

Reply to
Set Square