Worktops: Corian, Zodiaq, Staron, Granite..

Does anyone have experience of these materials as a kitchen worktop?

-interested in pros and con of each...

Staron, which I saw in the Jewson catalogue, apparently can be cut on site, does anyone have experience of cutting/installing this?

thanks

Julian

Reply to
noos999

Trying again to see if anyone has experience of using/installing Starom as a kitchen worktop material...

thanks

Julian

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
noos999

This is of no help whatsoever, but . . we have an Askilan worktop as supplied by John Lewis. It's just over a year old and looks as good as new. Bod arrived (from Bolton IIRC) with three lengths of the stuff, one with hole for undermounted sink already cut along with associted drainer grooves. Cut the hob hole out and trimmed the back to fit the walls with a wickedley powerful router, stuck the waterfall nosing on with a two-part glue and Bob's your etc.

Top three mm are a reconstituted stone backed by a yellow filler (apparently recycled ex-BMW car seats)

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I'd never heard of Askilan until your message but have been reading about it since, looks like an interesting possibility

thanks!

Julian

Richard wrote:

Reply to