Work surface sealant needed for new hob?

Hello all,

I've fitted a new hob (the type that's seperate to the oven, built-in I think is the proper term) and around the lip of the hob is a rubber seal, of sorts. Do I need to use any kind of sealant to attach the hob to the work surface, or will the weight of the hob pressing on it's own rubber seal suffice? The instructions are translated from German so are not 100% clear (to me anyway).

The old one I removed definately didn't have any sealant!

Cheers, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

No, nothing else is needed. Once clamped into position the gasket will be sufficient.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Thanks! Richard.