suitable sealant for kitchen hob

We are about to replace our gas hob in the kitchen with a new one.

The original grout put in around the edge has long since mostly crumbled out. The silicon sealant we put in a couple of years ago has not been up to the constant wiping around the edges of the hob.

Is there a particular sealant or grout that is normally used for this job?

Reply to
john royce

Are you talking about a hob that sits into a hole cut out in the worktop? If yes, then I recently installed an electric one that came with a long strip of blue tack that you bed the hob into, you then just trim off the excess.

I don't think anything more was needed but I siliconed it anyway.

Reply to
Rednadnerb