woodworm resources

We have woodworm in our garage, but I don't know anything about it.
Am I right in thinking there is current activity since we find sawdust over some of the worksurfaces, that are under affected beams?
If so does anyone know any good places to find out about how to deal with it, how serious it is,etc?
Any help would be appreciated
John