woodlice epecially when it rains

I have a wood lice problem I notice it whenever it rains, they seem to come from underneath the floorboards in the kitchen, I am at the ground floor flat and I am guessing that there is some rotten timber down there, what can I use to dry the area and get rid of these irritants?

Reply to
Nospam

In article , Nospam writes

You're right, they're usually a sign of damp so you could say they're helpfully warning you that you have a problem, hopefully not at the rot stage yet (they just like damp). I'm afraid it means looking for the source of the damp, probably by lifting part of the floor & poking around underneath.

Reply to
fred

I get quite a few in my lounge - on a solid carpeted floor. Not sure what they find attractive about that! If I find live ones, I pick them up and dump them outside - but as often as not, they walk part-way round the the skirting board and *die* - so it's a vacuum cleaner job.

Reply to
Set Square

You don't have a cat do you? Mine brings them in.

Reply to
mogga

Nope!

Reply to
Set Square

Your cat brings in wood lice? How? Mine prefers rats, squirrels and pigeons. But he's fighting a losing battle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Old cat with dodgy DPC?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ours used to have a thing for slugs - it was as though it went around rolling over them to collect a few, then come in the house, roll around some more depositing as many as it could.

Reply to
Colin Wilson