Wood supplier in Selby area??

Hi all,

Recently moved to Selby North' Yorks and am looking for a decent timber supplier.

Can anyone point me to a half decent one?

TIA

Ron

Reply to
Ron

In article , Ron writes

There is a timber merchants just next to the station, I have never used them but often noticed it from the train!

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Commiserations in your bad luck in going to Selby. It is the biggest craphouse in Christendom imho.

Reply to
Big Ron

I bow to your greater experience. I've never lived in one, you obviously have.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I like Selby.

Swantech Ltd Breighton Airfield Breighton Selby YO8 6DJ

01757 288695

Or for a really great choice of timber go north to Boroughbridge and find John Boddy

Reply to
biff

So do I.

It you have a full wallet.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Go to the next timber auction at Breighton. Around the beginning of every month IIRC

Reply to
John

Thanks all, I missed the last timber auction at Breighton, will get the next though.

I have been meaning to try Boddys for a while and will eventually get up there.

'Big Ron' did you let your guide dog crap in the streets when you passed through?

Can't be that bad, Selby had one of the biggest % rises in house prices in the last boom.

Reply to
Ron

'Average Ron' - are house prices all you go by to assess the pros and cons of a town? I also live here (for my sins, and for too long) and happen to think its a dump, OK? I'll be out as soon as possible, believe me.

Reply to
Big Ron

"Big Ron" wrote in news:dbqhsm$vei$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

'Little Ron' would be more apt for me Big Ron!

Whereabouts in Selby do you reside then? There are some very nice areas, however I do concur with you there are some shit areas filled with chav/ettes

Reply to
Ron

Parts of Brayton and some of Leeds/Doncaster roads are the only 'good' areas; where I live off Flaxley is the pits, along with over the bridge, abbotts road, and the town centre. You'll find out in time.

Reply to
Big Ron

"Big Ron" wrote in news:dbqqcp$sqv$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

Yep, I know the area very well, my missus having been brought up here (leeds road) and we actually bought the ma-in-laws house when she pegged it.

The only problem I have is the speed of cars/wagons and especially buses along leeds road. Oh and the f***n sunken manholes.

Having moved here from Beruit/Teeside it's a breath of fresh air my freind, believe me!

'Little Ron'

Reply to
Ron

Oh, I dunno about that - there are far worse places than Selby.

Castleford, Pontefract, Knottingley for example...

Reply to
RichardS

I had to go to Morley on Friday.

Mary