Gates in West Yorks...again

Hi, does anyone here know where I can buy at a non ripoff price some driveway gates to install myself.

Thanks

Reply to
Bob H

In message , Bob H writes

What sort of price might that be then?

Can these be a 'standard ' size, or are you likely to have to get them made up?

Reply to
chris French

Well I don't want to be paying into the 1000's if you know what I mean, more like a few hundred tops. Probably standard size gates: 10ft opening x 4ft high.

I have looked around thru google searches and found a wide variety of prices

Reply to
Bob H

Did you not speak to my brother Bob?

I posted this message on Sunday night,

Hi Bob, he tried to ring you on Friday at some point, but it just kept ringing out no reply so he couldn't leave a message. If you want to contact him on Monday he says give him a call on his mobile which is 07742 317 680.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Hi John, no I didn't speak to your brother. Nobody rang me. I was out on Friday afternoon, and maybe my mate had left early too, so no problem. Thanks for mobile no. I'll ring later today

Reply to
Bob H

Bob,

I'd be interested in knowing what you found, where and for how much.

Our block of flats might be looking for 4-6ft high gates at somepoint in the future, possibly with automatic opening mechanism (but that will probably cost so might be prohibative).

J.

Reply to
JE

Hi J, well I found a few from this site. Just follow the links.

is a lot of choice there, differnt gates at different prices

HTH

Reply to
Bob H

Hi again Bob, he went down your road today at I presume 5PM ish and realised he had forgotten your house number, he was in a rush to get over from Selby for the football tonight, so is blaming that. He has rang a number and left a message, I am not sure which number though, probably your work one. Is it possible to give him a ring on his mobile and he will sort something out ASAP (07742 317 680). Sorry about this but this is the only way I know to contact you.

John

Reply to
John

Hi John, we were in at about 5.15pm this evening as we thought it would be about 5.30pm when your brother was coming. I didn't see the answer machine flashing till about 10 mins ago, and it was your brother who rang to say he had lost my address. I'll ring again tomorrow

Reply to
Bob H