wood for a shed/workshop what's its name and who supplies it question?

as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?

Reply to
Kevin

Whats it for,lining the walls of the shed?

You said the name yourself ie tongue&groove cladding.

Reply to
George

Perhaps you mean shiplap?

Reply to
John Rumm

This it?

George

Thats it

Kevin

Doh I forgot about Wicks this is the stuff Shiplap Cladding and thanks for reminding me about Wicks, not been for a while as I have to drive past a big B&Q and go to the centre of town to get there

Kevin

dennis

thats it

Reply to
Kevin

Ar! splice the main brace and kit out the shiplap.

Reply to
George

Yardarm at 1.00 am :-)

If not sooner.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Sounds a load of ship to me ! Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just a quick point to OP... now you know what you're looking for, try a timber merchant. I DIY'd a shed, and found a local timber yard selling

16mm shiplap for around 1/2 price of what wickes were charging for (I think) 12mm, and the quality was a lot better than what I'd seen propped up in Wickes.

(note: I'm not laying into Wickes here, but if you're buying a large quantity of timber, buy from a timber merchant - it's their stock-and-trade).

Reply to
Mike Dodd

trouble is when you dont have one local and you ask for some wood for a shed on the phone it helps to know what its called :-). on a side note do wood yards still exist? all the ones my dad used have long since closed

Reply to
Kevin

lol if they did not exist where do suppose the sheds get their stock. :-)

most woodies around this neck of the woods(no pun intended) are on the dock road area. look in the yellow book.

Reply to
George

out of a container from a ship?

Not found Reading dock yet I think the Kennet is a bit shallow for the container ships :-) not one wood yard or woodyard in the yellow pages I did find timber yards though

Reply to
Kevin

Stop it,me sides ache..

Reply to