WonDerful stuff!

WD40!

Slight accident last night, knocked remote for my new soundbar off the arm of my chair, it landed in my glass of DeBowie (a rather nice Polish lager). It didn't work after :-(

Removed the battery cover, battery the size of a 10p piece, sprayed WD40 inside & left overnight. Tried it today & it works a treat!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It repels water, so your drink must have been mostly water!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The more usual way is to wash out thoroughly in water then dry slowly in say an airing cupboard.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

he said it was lager so probably 8% alcohol = 92% water

Reply to
charles

We do not have an airing cupboard in our house up north.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Why?

Oh I know, the angle grinder was in the van.

Reply to
Graham.

For now, wait for a while and the volatiles will have evaporated leaving behind a sticky insulating residue...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hah. All that proves is that WD40 is less poisonous to electronics than Polish lager.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Reminds me of the old joke.

Drink varnish; it will kill you, but you get a lovely finish.

Reply to
newshound

I'm told a bag of uncooked rice works well.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Good luck with that.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Talking of polish, silicon spray is almost impossible to get off.

Reply to
Graham.

Don't be silly!

There are no tools kept in the van overnight. :o)

Reply to
soup
[snip]

it would have to be a very large bag of rice to get the sheets dry.

Reply to
Steve Firth