Wire mounted LV Spots

I want to put some low voltage spotlights in my hall. Most fittings only have 4 x 20 watt which doesn't seem enough.

I would like to run some wires along the ceiling and have about 7 or 8 lights.

Where can I buy the components and the transformers separately?

Reply to
John

TLC may have what you are after

Sparks

LV watts are a lot brighter than GLS watts.

You could use two sets?

In general, this is a pretty expensive way of buying them compared to the sets in the sheds.

Any wholesaler, TLC, Screwfix etc etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Dave - I am hoping to spread the light sources along my hall using only one ceiling rose point. I am a bit unsure of route to run a cable to allow an extra point to be fitted. Must do some poking around.

Reply to
John

It makes sense to extend the mains wiring to feed the transformers so the lamps have a short LV cable run, as LV cable has to be thicker.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I bought cheap kits for my use. If you then want to run on a single transformer watch the cable lengths. My kitchen is approx 3m by 2m and has a 5 by 20W set and that more than adequate.

Mapl>>> Dave - I am hoping to spread the light sources along my hall using only

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Reply to
Lawrence