Wire mounted LV Spots

I want to put some low voltage spotlights in my hall. Most fittings only have 4 x 20 watt which doesn't seem enough.
I would like to run some wires along the ceiling and have about 7 or 8 lights.
Where can I buy the components and the transformers separately?
--

Regards

John

TLC may have what you are after http://tinyurl.com/ozas

LV watts are a lot brighter than GLS watts.

You could use two sets?

In general, this is a pretty expensive way of buying them compared to the sets in the sheds.
Any wholesaler, TLC, Screwfix etc etc.
--
*Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.

Dave - I am hoping to spread the light sources along my hall using only one ceiling rose point. I am a bit unsure of route to run a cable to allow an extra point to be fitted. Must do some poking around.
--

Regards

John

"Dave Plowman" < snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message

It makes sense to extend the mains wiring to feed the transformers so the lamps have a short LV cable run, as LV cable has to be thicker.
--
*Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let him sleep.

I bought cheap kits for my use. If you then want to run on a single transformer watch the cable lengths. My kitchen is approx 3m by 2m and has a 5 by 20W set and that more than adequate.
Maplin is another source for a transformer.
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:36:09 +0100, Dave Plowman

Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk