Wierd mobile phone problem

I have tried to delete the sent text messages from my mobile phone today.

All the texts have been deleted except one. If I try to open or delete this text then the phone just reboots itself.

Any ideas why?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Can you tell (e.g. based on where it was sent from) if it's a "normal" text sent by a person from another phone, or an automated one sent by a server somewhere?

Does you phone have a menu option to delete all text messages, rather than deleting them individually?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It is a message that I sent. So I assume that I wrote it.

Yes, I have just found that option in the menu after your suggestion. I now have "Delete all read messages from folder" on my screen. Just one second whislt I click OK.

And the message has gone.

Thanks for that. I was initially deleting them one by one as I needed to save some info from some of the texts.

Any ideas why it would not delete when I tried it the otherway?

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Either a software bug, or possibly you somehow introduced a sequence of numbers or special characters into a message that triggered the message to be handled differently (the network operators use this sort of text message to control the phone configuration).

Reply to
RubberBiker