Wickes search facility.

Just typed in 'tool storage'.

Amongst the results were;

Drain & Gutter Cleaning Kit, Roma Masonry BBQ , Telescopic Steel Bypass Lopper, Patio Scrubber, Large Garden Trolley!

I won't be keeping my jigsaw in a masonry BBQ :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In article , The Medway Handyman writes

I think the supplier site searches are all a bit crap.

Try eg. tool storage site:wickes.co.uk in your favourite search engine.

I'm currently sampling a new one:

, you can define custom search rules in the URL the way you used to be able to in google before they broke it.

Here's one to return 50 results instead of the usual 10:

You can build your own and save it as a tinurl -

fred

Most of these site searches seem to throw up daft results. I'd imagine this is due to them not being searches merely of the item short description and probably any part of your term can be tested to any bit of whatever is written about an item.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have youtried their other one, startpage.com?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Medway Handyman explained on 25/05/2013 :

Google's 'search this site' is much better.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In article , Brian Gaff writes

I had thought they pointed to the same engine but it appears startpage is just an anonymising front end for google. One of the reasons for moving away from them was to get more accurate search results as I have got bored with them pushing what they want me to hear rather than what I had explicitly asked for. eg. Putting a particular query word in quotes to indicate it as a must have and finding several results near the top where the word didn't appear at all. I'm a bit disappointed to see them getting into bed with google.

Reply to
fred